syncing my music libraries

it appears that the only way to sync my music library on my iphone to my ipad is to do something totally old fashioned with usb cables and Itunes or to subscribe to Apple Music.

I have been subscribed to Apple Music and I have a suspicion that once I didn’t renew, Apple Music cleared the library on the ipad. (I am not sure though).

Anyway this is totally unacceptable.

Anyone with a modern solution using the hotspot of the iphone and not being obliged to subscribe to apple music?

iPad Pro, 14

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 4:45 AM

7 replies

Aug 11, 2023 8:51 AM in response to KiltedTim

Hi K T, I have a similar problem to Dick B. I have an iPhone 13 running iOS 16.6 purchased in Dec 22, an iPad Air running iOS 16.3.1 purchased in Jan 23 and a MacBook Air running Ventura 13.4.1 (c). I can access my full old iTunes library from both my iPhone and my MacBook through the Music App but nothing comes up on my iPad. Could you explain how to to sync my iPad to the iTunes library on my MacBook, which is your suggested solution to the problem. I can't see any way of doing it from either the iPad or my MacBook. All I have found is that, from my MacBook, I can export my Library to iCloud. Is that what I have to do and then download it to my iPad?

Thanks John M.

[Edited by Moderator]

syncing my music libraries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.