Screen movie recording deleted

Hello,

I used the 'command + shift + 5' shortcut to record the screen. When I finished recording a thumbnail appeared on the bottom right of the screen.

I swiped the thumbnail from left to right and then the recording was gone. I cannot find it to the default save location (desktop).

Where can I find the video? Please tell me the video is lost forever. There is no way that swiping the thumbnail to the right means "delete the video forever".

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 10:20 AM

AdrGeorgescu wrote:

There is no way that swiping the thumbnail to the right means "delete the video forever".

sorry, but unfortunately, in many cases, interacting with the floating thumbnail, it means exactly that. I have seen this issue more than a few times. that is why I always leave "Show Floating Thumbnail" disabled.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2023 10:20 AM in response to AdrGeorgescu

AdrGeorgescu wrote:

There is no way that swiping the thumbnail to the right means "delete the video forever".

sorry, but unfortunately, in many cases, interacting with the floating thumbnail, it means exactly that. I have seen this issue more than a few times. that is why I always leave "Show Floating Thumbnail" disabled.

Screen movie recording deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.