Apple Watch no longer turning on

I have the SE 44m apple watch and i went swimming with it and the SOS alarm kept going off automatically when i was done swimming, i tried to wait it out but now the screen will no longer turn on although i still feel it vibrating and i can feel the vibration when i go to put in passcode just screen won’t turn on.

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 1:53 PM

It sounds like as hardware problem with the screen. The watchman be water damaged. Your Apple Watch is water resistant, but not waterproof.  Water resistance isn't a permanent condition and can diminish over time. Apple Watch can't be rechecked or resealed for water resistance.  See:

About Apple Watch water resistance - Apple Support

At this point, your best option may be to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them look at it. If that is not possible use the online Apple Support option. Either way:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2023 1:53 PM in response to gabby_L

It sounds like as hardware problem with the screen. The watchman be water damaged. Your Apple Watch is water resistant, but not waterproof.  Water resistance isn't a permanent condition and can diminish over time. Apple Watch can't be rechecked or resealed for water resistance.  See:

About Apple Watch water resistance - Apple Support

At this point, your best option may be to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them look at it. If that is not possible use the online Apple Support option. Either way:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple Watch no longer turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.