How to tell if air tag is working?

AirTag

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 3:14 PM

Hello.

A solution directly from Apple’s website for setting up one or multiple AirTags:

To confirm which AirTag you just connected, play a sound using the Find My app after you register it with your Apple ID.

You can see the AirTag on the map in Find My, so you will be able to see if the GPS part is working there. You can play sound directly from the AirTag’s page, and see if the sound is working on the AirTag there. You can also test the Find features, like Directions or Precision Finding for directly finding the AirTag.

Here is the website: Set up your AirTag using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2023 3:14 PM in response to Raven1941

Hello.

A solution directly from Apple’s website for setting up one or multiple AirTags:

To confirm which AirTag you just connected, play a sound using the Find My app after you register it with your Apple ID.

You can see the AirTag on the map in Find My, so you will be able to see if the GPS part is working there. You can play sound directly from the AirTag’s page, and see if the sound is working on the AirTag there. You can also test the Find features, like Directions or Precision Finding for directly finding the AirTag.

Here is the website: Set up your AirTag using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Hope this helps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.