Clicked Phising link

Hello.

as the headlight states, i was stupid and clicked a phishing link from DHL on my Iphone. It was about my packed was stuck and i needed to unstuck it through the link. So in my hurry, i didnt look twice were the text message was sent from so i clicked the link, got into the website and it wanted me to verify that i wasnt a robot, so i clicked the square and then i remembered that it wasnt from DHL i was expecting 2 package. So i closed the browser quickly. I didnt put in any personal informationen. This was 2 days ago and i have changed my Apple id, contacted my bank, passwords on my email and set up authenticators. Havn’t noticed any weird stuff from my phone or any apps that have been downloaded. Im wondering if my phone could be infected by any malware such as spyware?

Best regards

B

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 12:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 7:08 AM

You have nothing to worry about on a non-jailbroken iPhone. The only thing that happened was that the sender was notified that you did click the link, so you may get more of those messages hoping you will provide your banking info or Apple ID and Password. Good for you for not falling for it and as always, stay vigilant with your personal information.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2023 7:08 AM in response to Bashingfly14

You have nothing to worry about on a non-jailbroken iPhone. The only thing that happened was that the sender was notified that you did click the link, so you may get more of those messages hoping you will provide your banking info or Apple ID and Password. Good for you for not falling for it and as always, stay vigilant with your personal information.

May 11, 2024 9:12 PM in response to Mac Jim ID

Do the responses to this scenario still stand true? I did this exact thing today, minus clicking on the captcha. As soon as my brain caught up I 1) reported the text to junk and 2) closed the browser window (plus all open windows). About 25 mins later after reading more about phishing links: 1) set my phone to airplane mode 2) reset my router and 3) reset network settings.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Clicked Phising link

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.