Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

how can I sync the music on my phone TO the computer and not from the computer to the phone

If I sync my phone to my computer it syncs my iTunes library how it's set up on my computer to my phone. BUT I purchase and arrange all my music in my library directly on my phone so when it syncs it essentially erases everything I've done on my phone. How can I sync it so that the way I've arranged the playlists on my phone gets synced to the computer the same way?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 8:10 AM

Syncing has always been computer to phone. If you have content you have purchased that is not on your computer, transfer it directly to the computer from the seller.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

4 replies

Jul 6, 2023 8:48 AM in response to Jonathan Thrasher1

Jonathan Thrasher1 wrote:

That doesn't answer my question. All the music I buy from my phone gets downloaded to my computer BUT all the playlists I make and arrange on my iPhone don't get put onto my computer. How can I make the playlists on my phone sync that way to my computer?

The only way that will happen is if you subscribe to Apple Music.

Jul 6, 2023 9:02 AM in response to Jonathan Thrasher1

What you are trying to do can only be accomplished with an Apple Music subscription. Syncing will only go from the computer to phone. I understand that the subscription is a charge you may not want, but it will accomplish exactly what you want to do. You would also have more music choices without having to purchase them if you do not want to.

how can I sync the music on my phone TO the computer and not from the computer to the phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.