Not able to turn down my brightness

hi guy

i have recently downloaded an update in my macbook pro and after that i am unable to turn down the brightness down it is always on 100% due to which the battery is draining out pretty fast. Another thing is i am not able to go in screen saver mode instead of that the screen gets black and i have to restart it again every time.

Please help..

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 3:23 PM

srishti2405 wrote:

hi guy
i have recently downloaded an update in my macbook pro and after that i am unable to turn down the brightness down it is always on 100% due to which the battery is draining out pretty fast. Another thing is i am not able to go in screen saver mode instead of that the screen gets black and i have to restart it again every time.
Please help..
Thanks

verify your software is up to date…

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.4.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies. Log in and test, reboot as normal and test.

To trouble shoot further

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2023 3:23 PM in response to srishti2405

srishti2405 wrote:

hi guy
Please help..
Thanks

verify your software is up to date…

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.4.1

A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies. Log in and test, reboot as normal and test.

To trouble shoot further

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

Not able to turn down my brightness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.