Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

I received a text message and reported it and deleted , can it be recovered on an SE6? it as junk mail, can I retrieve it on my iPhone SA6

I received a text message reported that and deleted it as junk. Can a retrieve it on my SE6?

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 2:56 AM

If you're running iOS 16, you can recover recently deleted text messages:

1. In Messages, tap Edit on the conversations page. If you previously turned Message Filtering on, the Edit button doesn't appear. Instead, tap Filters on the conversations page.
  2. Tap Show Recently Deleted .

3. Choose the conversations with the messages you want to restore, then tap Recover.      

4. Tap Recover Message or Recover [Number] Messages.

If you're running an older iOS version this is not possible unfortunately

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2023 2:56 AM in response to 2020Phone

If you're running iOS 16, you can recover recently deleted text messages:

1. In Messages, tap Edit on the conversations page. If you previously turned Message Filtering on, the Edit button doesn't appear. Instead, tap Filters on the conversations page.
  2. Tap Show Recently Deleted .

3. Choose the conversations with the messages you want to restore, then tap Recover.      

4. Tap Recover Message or Recover [Number] Messages.

If you're running an older iOS version this is not possible unfortunately

I received a text message and reported it and deleted , can it be recovered on an SE6? it as junk mail, can I retrieve it on my iPhone SA6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.