How do I permanently delete the album 'Songs of Innocence' by U2 from my library?

How do I permanently delete the album 'Songs of Innocence' by U2 from my library? I delete it every time I launch my iTunes, but it just 'hides' it, so it keeps reappearing. Grrr!

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 12:01 PM

See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support. Hidden purchases (which this free gift counts as) should remain hidden from one launch of iTunes to the next as long as any local copies have also been removed from the library.

Apple removed the SOI Removal Tool, a self-service method of permanently removing this item some time ago, presumably because people were no longer using it and those that still objected to having this free album in their purchase history had either removed it, or settled for hiding it. If you still want it removed with no option to unhide it at some later date then you will have to reach out to Official Apple Support for assistance.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2023 12:01 PM in response to SirDen

See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support. Hidden purchases (which this free gift counts as) should remain hidden from one launch of iTunes to the next as long as any local copies have also been removed from the library.

Apple removed the SOI Removal Tool, a self-service method of permanently removing this item some time ago, presumably because people were no longer using it and those that still objected to having this free album in their purchase history had either removed it, or settled for hiding it. If you still want it removed with no option to unhide it at some later date then you will have to reach out to Official Apple Support for assistance.

tt2

How do I permanently delete the album 'Songs of Innocence' by U2 from my library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.