Safari 16.5.1, MacOS 15.7.8 won't donload PDF files

Since last upgrade Safari 16.5.1 won't show or download PDF files, nor does it show the Download icon in Safari ToolBar. Any help ?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Jul 8, 2023 2:46 AM

15 replies

Jul 8, 2023 5:04 AM in response to dialabrain

Here i can show you how i see a (supposed pdf) bill from my phone provider. It reads "Télécharger le PDF" ie. "Download the PDF file" which is shown as the greyish zone below. and still no "Downloads" icon in the Toolbar. It is a little different with my electricity provider with displays and icon to download teh corresponding bill but this time the button has no effect. I will try to "Show Page source" when back home.

Needless to say that it all worked nicely a few weeks ago, before what i think is when the trouble began.

Jul 8, 2023 4:25 AM in response to PRP_53

I have not disabled the Open "safe" item: furthermore i did not change any of the "preference items" since last upgrade, and why has the "Download" item form the Toolbar disappeared ? The link to a pdf file opens on a blank page... and that's all (i should add it happens on all pdf files, for instance from my bank account or my gas/electricity provider. Local pdf files load perfectly even while dragged to a Safari window..

Safari 16.5.1, MacOS 15.7.8 won't donload PDF files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.