Apple watch series 2 watchOS3.1

I'm trying to reset my Apple watch series 2 with watchOS3.1. It was paired with my iPhone 6 which was factory reset after the screen change. I could not restore the backup so the watch is no longer paired with the phone and I don't have the passcode anymore. I have removed it from my account and was trying to reset the watch with the various methods I found in the forum and on the Internet, ie. pressing the power off slider (while on charger as described) does not bring up the "erase all content" window. The screen keeps showing "Wrong passcode Open the Apple watch app on your iPhone...." Are there any other ways to simply factory reset the watch to be used again?

Many thanks.

Posted on Jul 8, 2023 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2023 1:27 PM

You could have erased it online before you removed it from your account, but not now.

The earliest OS in this article is OS5

Erase Apple Watch – Apple Support

If that does not work reach out to Apple Support directly. You should be able to reach them here  Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support  or phone numbers  Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support   or Click here > Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2023 1:27 PM in response to HansUG

You could have erased it online before you removed it from your account, but not now.

The earliest OS in this article is OS5

Erase Apple Watch – Apple Support

If that does not work reach out to Apple Support directly. You should be able to reach them here  Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support  or phone numbers  Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support   or Click here > Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple 

Apple watch series 2 watchOS3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.