Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Inbox vanishes from Mail MacOS Ventura

My Inbox vanished. I can't "rebuild" because the mailbox is gone. I can rebuild individual mailboxes, but that doesn't restore Inbox. I tried restarting Mail, no luck. Restart Mac, no luck. I have no idea why Inbox disappeared, I was in the process of reviewing junk mail prior to deleting it and the Inbox (a default smart folder containing what appear to be smart folders for the mail accounts) just vanished. How do I restore it?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 8, 2023 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 9:45 AM

Murph Sewall wrote:

My Inbox vanished. I can't "rebuild" because the mailbox is gone. I can rebuild individual mailboxes, but that doesn't restore Inbox. I tried restarting Mail, no luck. Restart Mac, no luck. I have no idea why Inbox disappeared, I was in the process of reviewing junk mail prior to deleting it and the Inbox (a default smart folder containing what appear to be smart folders for the mail accounts) just vanished. How do I restore it?

You can try making some changes...

ref: Mail User Guide for Mac

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2023 9:45 AM in response to Murph Sewall

Murph Sewall wrote:

You can try making some changes...

ref: Mail User Guide for Mac

Inbox vanishes from Mail MacOS Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.