How to view Photos from old iPhone on new one?

My phone was damaged to the extent that it cannot be used ever. With my new phone I can’t retrieve my photos. Suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 8, 2023 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 3:35 AM

Do you have a working backup of your old iPhone from the time before it became damaged?

A backup will have saved the photos as well, unless you have been using iCloud Photos.

Have you tried to restore your new iPhone from the last backup you made?

See: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you have been using iCloud Photos, the iCloud backup of the iPhone does not includ ethe photos. Then you have to enable iCloud Photos on your iPhone and wait for the photos to come back from iCloud, as described in the second part of this document: Get help with missing photos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2023 3:35 AM in response to jfrancis45

Do you have a working backup of your old iPhone from the time before it became damaged?

A backup will have saved the photos as well, unless you have been using iCloud Photos.

Have you tried to restore your new iPhone from the last backup you made?

See: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you have been using iCloud Photos, the iCloud backup of the iPhone does not includ ethe photos. Then you have to enable iCloud Photos on your iPhone and wait for the photos to come back from iCloud, as described in the second part of this document: Get help with missing photos - Apple Support

How to view Photos from old iPhone on new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.