Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

MacBook exposed to water- water bottle spilled in my travel briefcase with MacBook inside

When I turned on computer this morning lower left screen is brighter and all the touch buttons are activating randomly brightness, volume and it’s like my computer is possessed. I shut it down and trying to use fan and tipping computer on side in hopes of removing any water

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 6:25 AM

Shane Adamson wrote:

When I turned on computer this morning lower left screen is brighter and all the touch buttons are activating randomly brightness, volume and it’s like my computer is possessed. I shut it down and trying to use fan and tipping computer on side in hopes of removing any water

Your computer needs to be examined by an authorized service center. Liquid damage is often extensive and ongoing due to corrosion.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2023 6:25 AM in response to Shane Adamson

Shane Adamson wrote:

Your computer needs to be examined by an authorized service center. Liquid damage is often extensive and ongoing due to corrosion.

Jul 9, 2023 9:11 AM in response to Shane Adamson

Many notebook computer never recover from spills. As Bob points out, the damage can be ongoing and it is easy for the sharp eye of a profession repair person to mise some hidden damage that cannot be seen.

Put your homeowners'/renters' insurance carrier on notice NOW of a potential total loss. That is likely the only financial relief you get. Many such policies cover accidental damage to your tech gear.

MacBook exposed to water- water bottle spilled in my travel briefcase with MacBook inside

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.