Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I am unable to redownload a movie I purchased because it seems to be no longer available on the AppleTV Store

In July of 2018, I purchased the movie "I AM DRAGON" from the AppleTV/iTunes store. I have the email receipt of the purchase, but I cannot redownload or watch the movie as it no longer seems available on the AppleTV store.

I DO NOT WANT A REFUND. I want access to the movie I paid for.

What are my options?

Thank you.

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 11:41 AM

Note that if you changed the country for your Apple ID, then you would connect to a new iTunes Store region, with a (partially) different movie catalog.

What is the current country or country-like region for your Apple ID account?

I see this movie as available in at least the UK. (Google results show that is used to be available for the US and Canada.) The difference may be the local distributor.

You may contact the iTunes Store staff for issues with specific movie titles as purchased from the iTunes Store. If you don’t like their answers, then you have no other options. Apple can only stream content that has been made available in your region, as supplied by the originating studio or its local representation.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2023 11:41 AM in response to Dabbaranks

Note that if you changed the country for your Apple ID, then you would connect to a new iTunes Store region, with a (partially) different movie catalog.

What is the current country or country-like region for your Apple ID account?

I see this movie as available in at least the UK. (Google results show that is used to be available for the US and Canada.) The difference may be the local distributor.

You may contact the iTunes Store staff for issues with specific movie titles as purchased from the iTunes Store. If you don’t like their answers, then you have no other options. Apple can only stream content that has been made available in your region, as supplied by the originating studio or its local representation.

I am unable to redownload a movie I purchased because it seems to be no longer available on the AppleTV Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.