how do i pay off the balance on the carrier for an iphone that i do not own

i got a brand new iphone 14 pro max, purchased from a store vendor while i was in the US visiting, now i'm back home, i made sure to check to see the phone wasn't black listed, but it turns out, it's still locked to AT&T carrier and the balance hasn't been paid off, when i try to unlock it, it asks me to pay off my installment, but to do that i have to login to my AT&T account which i do not have, how do i pay off this phone as a third party so i can unlock the network carrier

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 10:33 AM

Here is what AT&T says:

ATT cannot and will not access an account or accept payment from a 3rd party. The original buyer is entirely and solely responsible to pay off the phone and their bill.

I am sorry, but I do not think that you will be able to use the phone. Contact the store and ask if they will refund your money.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2023 10:33 AM in response to Dribblegod99

Here is what AT&T says:

ATT cannot and will not access an account or accept payment from a 3rd party. The original buyer is entirely and solely responsible to pay off the phone and their bill.

I am sorry, but I do not think that you will be able to use the phone. Contact the store and ask if they will refund your money.

how do i pay off the balance on the carrier for an iphone that i do not own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.