What is the purpose of ICloud Drive?

What does iCloud Drive do? What is the purpose of it?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 11:25 AM

See the following from Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support for information on what iCloud Drive can do:

iCloud Drive lets you securely access all of your documents from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and Windows PC.

When you sign in to iCloud, you have access to iCloud Drive. With iCloud Drive, you can keep files and folders up to date across all of your devices, share files and folders with friends, family, or colleagues, and more.

You can store files* in iCloud Drive as long as they're 50GB or less in size and you don't exceed your iCloud storage limit. If you need more iCloud storage, you can upgrade to iCloud+. With iCloud+, you can also share iCloud storage with your family, without sharing your files. Learn more about prices in your region.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2023 11:25 AM in response to Malley215

See the following from Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support for information on what iCloud Drive can do:

iCloud Drive lets you securely access all of your documents from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and Windows PC.

When you sign in to iCloud, you have access to iCloud Drive. With iCloud Drive, you can keep files and folders up to date across all of your devices, share files and folders with friends, family, or colleagues, and more.

You can store files* in iCloud Drive as long as they're 50GB or less in size and you don't exceed your iCloud storage limit. If you need more iCloud storage, you can upgrade to iCloud+. With iCloud+, you can also share iCloud storage with your family, without sharing your files. Learn more about prices in your region.

Jul 9, 2023 11:31 AM in response to FoxFifth

Thank you ! The problem is : I have found out by asking this question that my daughter has been being cyberstalked for over 3 years and unfortunately I now know he has compromised my iPhone as well! I signed in with my username and her name/ profile showed up! What can I do to get this guy gone for good? Can anyone please help me?

What is the purpose of ICloud Drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.