How do I recover my iCloud notes?

my notes did not transfer to new phone for month of may. When i go into cloud, none of my notes are there. How do i recover them?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 3:31 PM

This would likely mean you were not syncing notes with iCloud. On your iPhone, open Settings > tap your Name at the top. Then tap iCloud. Tap Show All. Are Notes on? If no, you weren't syncing with iCloud. If that is the case, your only hope of getting the Notes back would be if you've been backing up your iPhone. If yes, you can restore your iPhone from the last backup, which would have contained the Notes at the time the backup was made.

Here is a how you can restore an iPhone from backup --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you weren't backing up, your notes are unfortunately gone. I would recommend you turn on Notes in iCloud so they sync there and you can access them on any of your Apple devices or see them at www.icloud.com

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2023 3:31 PM in response to JohnDiPalma

This would likely mean you were not syncing notes with iCloud. On your iPhone, open Settings > tap your Name at the top. Then tap iCloud. Tap Show All. Are Notes on? If no, you weren't syncing with iCloud. If that is the case, your only hope of getting the Notes back would be if you've been backing up your iPhone. If yes, you can restore your iPhone from the last backup, which would have contained the Notes at the time the backup was made.

Here is a how you can restore an iPhone from backup --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you weren't backing up, your notes are unfortunately gone. I would recommend you turn on Notes in iCloud so they sync there and you can access them on any of your Apple devices or see them at www.icloud.com

How do I recover my iCloud notes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.