Leaving group chat containing android users

How can I leave a group chat that I was added to that include android users? Everything I'm reading gives me no options to remove myself from this group chat because there are android users present in it.

Is there seriously no way to be removed from a group chat containing android users? Do we have to just live with this?

If that's the case, how do I make a feature request for this functionality?

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 5:14 PM

Hello SizzleDjango!

”How can I leave a group chat that I was added to that include android users?” Because there are Android users in the group, that would indicate the group is an SMS/MMS Group. Therefore, according to this, you cannot remove yourself from the group; you must ask the creator of the group to make a new group, and exclude you from it. One can only leave iMessage Groups.

“Is there seriously no way to be removed from a group chat containing android users?”

No, there isn’t; only doing what I’ve described above will remove you from the group.

“…how do I make a feature request for this functionality?”

You can do so at this link: Feedback - Messages for iOS and iPadOS - Apple

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2023 5:14 PM in response to SizzleDjango

Hello SizzleDjango!

”How can I leave a group chat that I was added to that include android users?” Because there are Android users in the group, that would indicate the group is an SMS/MMS Group. Therefore, according to this, you cannot remove yourself from the group; you must ask the creator of the group to make a new group, and exclude you from it. One can only leave iMessage Groups.

“Is there seriously no way to be removed from a group chat containing android users?”

No, there isn’t; only doing what I’ve described above will remove you from the group.

“…how do I make a feature request for this functionality?”

You can do so at this link: Feedback - Messages for iOS and iPadOS - Apple

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Leaving group chat containing android users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.