I am trying trying add someone as my legacy contact both on my Mac and on my iPhone and it does not work when I click on their name in Contacts.

I am trying trying add someone as my legacy contact both on my Mac and on my iPhone and it does not work when I click on their name in Contacts. He is not on my family sharing. My late husband is the organizer of family sharing, but he is not my legacy contact anyway. I tried this on Mac with the latest Monterey, and on iPhone with latest iOS.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 5:03 PM

5 replies

Jul 10, 2023 4:52 AM in response to andimac

I believe if you choose a Legacy Contact who already has an Apple ID, the procedure doesn't require that step and all you need to do is tap the contact.

If that contact does not have an Apple ID, you can click the prospective contact's email or phone number. Presumably adding someone lacking an Apple ID will require some steps that are not explained in that Apple Support document. It should.

I am trying trying add someone as my legacy contact both on my Mac and on my iPhone and it does not work when I click on their name in Contacts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.