Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Related Article: What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS?

Unable to send text messages to android phones. I can receive them. And this just started happening yesterday.

I am unable to send text messages to anyone with an android phone. I can receive them just can’t send them. This just started happening yesterday.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 5:59 PM

Texting to Android users uses the cellular standard known as SMS, which is controlled by your cellular carrier. You might start by contacting them. Make sure SMS is turned on in Settings->Messages->Send as SMS. Also read the Related Article at the top of this page.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2023 5:59 PM in response to aireez

Texting to Android users uses the cellular standard known as SMS, which is controlled by your cellular carrier. You might start by contacting them. Make sure SMS is turned on in Settings->Messages->Send as SMS. Also read the Related Article at the top of this page.

Unable to send text messages to android phones. I can receive them. And this just started happening yesterday.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.