How to recover songs deleted from Apple iPod.

Hi. I need to know how to recover songs that were deleted from an Apple ipod. My ipod wasn't working right and it kept on freezing and skipping songs by itself. Then, I pressed the menu and select button and when I turned it on, all the songs were deleted. I pressed the same button yesterday and nothing happened, but it fixed my ipod. Please help me find my songs, albums and playlists from my ipod. Thank you so much, Apple Support.

Sarah R***

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPod Classic

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 1:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 1:41 AM

If the content of your iPod has become unreadable (and unrecoverable), then you should still have all that music and the playlists, in your iTunes Library on your computer (or Finder on recent Macs), since that was the only method for getting music onto an iPod Classic.

If you no longer have the music on your computer, did you ever make a back up of the music? If so, use that.

If you don't have any of the above, you will have to resort to your original source of the music.

• for online purchases, go to your account with the store that you bought the music from and re-download it from your account page to your iTunes Library (or Finder)
  • for music from CDs, re-copy from the CD into iTunes (or Finder)
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2023 1:41 AM in response to saraheileen18

If the content of your iPod has become unreadable (and unrecoverable), then you should still have all that music and the playlists, in your iTunes Library on your computer (or Finder on recent Macs), since that was the only method for getting music onto an iPod Classic.

If you no longer have the music on your computer, did you ever make a back up of the music? If so, use that.

If you don't have any of the above, you will have to resort to your original source of the music.

• for online purchases, go to your account with the store that you bought the music from and re-download it from your account page to your iTunes Library (or Finder)
  • for music from CDs, re-copy from the CD into iTunes (or Finder)

How to recover songs deleted from Apple iPod.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.