Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iPod with iTunes

Was anyone able to retrieve songs that iTunes deleted from their iPod?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 10:18 AM

If the tracks only existed on your iPod, and you synced it with a new library generating an erase and sync warning, and went ahead, then they have been removed from the device and are not recoverable. Sync is one way, library to device, with an exception for iTunes purchases that may sync in either direction. Had you asked questions earlier I might have pointed you in the direction of Recover media from an iPod - Apple Community but it sounds like it is too late for that to help now.

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2022 10:18 AM in response to WhoElseIsAngry

If the tracks only existed on your iPod, and you synced it with a new library generating an erase and sync warning, and went ahead, then they have been removed from the device and are not recoverable. Sync is one way, library to device, with an exception for iTunes purchases that may sync in either direction. Had you asked questions earlier I might have pointed you in the direction of Recover media from an iPod - Apple Community but it sounds like it is too late for that to help now.

tt2

Dec 12, 2022 6:22 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for your reply.

The songs were stripped without any warning. It happened the moment I opened iTunes while my iPod was already connected. I reached out to a rep from iTunes support, shared my PC and he found the driver was still running from the last sync. Regardless, why strip the songs?

I restarted the PC and the iPod (third time was the charm) and was then able to sync without issue. A lesson learned the hard way ;)

Sync iPod with iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.