Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Facebook not supported" in Safari after update Ventura 13.4.1.a

This is Facebook after the patch update 13.4.1.a of today on MacOs:

Browser not supported, you are using a browser not supported from Facebook, so we redirected you to a simpler version to offer you the best experience.... what happened? Only to me?

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 10:22 PM

The update was pulled. Article on MacRumors.

You can remove it in the meantime. I did and all is well again.

Go to Settings->About and click the i next to the OS version. You’ll see an option to remove the update.

Im sure a fixed update will be available soon.

50 replies

Jul 10, 2023 3:04 PM in response to medialp

macOS Ventura 13.4.1 (a)

Released July 10, 2023

WebKit

Available for: macOS Ventura 13.4.1

Impact: Processing web content may lead to arbitrary code execution. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.

Description: The issue was addressed with improved checks.

CVE-2023-37450: an anonymous researcher

This update fixes a webkit issue. So I suspect it will be Facebook that has to make a change, not Apple. Most reports are about Facebook. In my personal experience it’s only Facebook, all other websites I visit regularly are fine.

And who knows what games Facebook plays with its website. Maybe Apple just closed a Facebook back door.

Jul 10, 2023 7:14 PM in response to medialp

This just happend to me today 7/10/23. Yesterday Facebook was normal. Today I get the "Facebook not supported" message and Facebook shows up in a single column in the center of the display. Not very useable. What is going on here? Apple technical support had no idea, and said it's not their problem. I wonder if there is anybody at Facebook who can help with this, or even cares about this.

"Facebook not supported" in Safari after update Ventura 13.4.1.a

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.