Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Notification not disappearing

Why notifications don't disappear from my iPhone when the related app has been checked?

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 11:54 AM

Hello _Ayush_Jaiswal,

Could you elaborate more on what you mean the notifications aren't disappearing after you've checked them?

On iPhone:

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap on Notifications
  3. Scroll down and tap the app in question
  4. Tap on Banner Style

Make sure Temporary is selected. If Persistent is selected, the notification will stay until you swipe it away.

Use notifications on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Check out the View, dismiss, clear, and mute notifications section - View and respond to notifications on iPhone - Apple Support

I hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2023 11:54 AM in response to _Ayush_Jaiswal

Hello _Ayush_Jaiswal,

Could you elaborate more on what you mean the notifications aren't disappearing after you've checked them?

On iPhone:

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap on Notifications
  3. Scroll down and tap the app in question
  4. Tap on Banner Style

Make sure Temporary is selected. If Persistent is selected, the notification will stay until you swipe it away.

Use notifications on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Check out the View, dismiss, clear, and mute notifications section - View and respond to notifications on iPhone - Apple Support

I hope this helps!

Notification not disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.