Remove iCloud account from iPhone

I have a certain iCloud by which I was playing around and forgot the pass, and every bit of the details I used, I want to please beg 🙏 for apple to kindly remove the iCloud completely from my iPhone XR

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 7:35 PM

If you do not care about the account, Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Do this online at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not detail what currently constitutes proof. Prior to this new online service Apple typically required the original receipt issued by Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller and documented provenance (so typically it would be the original owner who does this, or a descendant with legal proof of ownership). This will give you access to the device but won't restore access to the account used to lock it. There is nothing that can be done to expedite an Activation Lock request.

Apple recommends you "Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device" --> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2023 7:35 PM in response to chukwu99

If you do not care about the account, Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Do this online at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not detail what currently constitutes proof. Prior to this new online service Apple typically required the original receipt issued by Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller and documented provenance (so typically it would be the original owner who does this, or a descendant with legal proof of ownership). This will give you access to the device but won't restore access to the account used to lock it. There is nothing that can be done to expedite an Activation Lock request.

Apple recommends you "Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device" --> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device - Apple Support

Remove iCloud account from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.