i can not re install mac os

I erased my files and personal info to give my computer to a friend. But now it does not have even the MAC os system to open to work the computer and will not let me install it

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 7:06 PM

keduke Said:

"i can not re install mac os: I erased my files and personal info to give my computer to a friend. But now it does not have even the MAC os system to open to work the computer and will not let me install it"

-------

Installing the MacOS:

It it best to set this up anew, as if you were to sell it. Perform as instructed here, including the iCloud logout: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, Trade in, or Recycle your Mac - Apple Support

So, try the following...

A. Use Ethernet:

Using a hardware connection is usually more reliable than a wireless one. Use this adapter, if you have no Ethernet connection: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter - Apple

B. Use Internet Recovery Mode:

Hold these three keys down upon boot: Option-Command-R

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2023 7:06 PM in response to keduke

keduke Said:

"i can not re install mac os: I erased my files and personal info to give my computer to a friend. But now it does not have even the MAC os system to open to work the computer and will not let me install it"

-------

Installing the MacOS:

It it best to set this up anew, as if you were to sell it. Perform as instructed here, including the iCloud logout: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, Trade in, or Recycle your Mac - Apple Support

So, try the following...

A. Use Ethernet:

Using a hardware connection is usually more reliable than a wireless one. Use this adapter, if you have no Ethernet connection: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter - Apple

B. Use Internet Recovery Mode:

Hold these three keys down upon boot: Option-Command-R

i can not re install mac os

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.