How to setup Apple Watch SE GPS only for a family member

How to setup an Apple SE watch (GPS only, not a Cellular model) for a Family member using my iPhone?

it errors out stating I need to have a cellular model of Apple Watch - my mum uses an Android phone but is old and I wanted to help track her health. Pls help

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 7:50 PM

You cannot. Apple Watch Family Sharing REQUIRES an Apple Watch with Cellular capabilities.

The GPS Only Apple Watch SE can only be paired to the owners own iPhone. And it cannot be paired to an Android phone.

These are the instructions for setting up Family Sharing

Set up Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

If the Apple Watch SE is less than 2 weeks old, Apple has a 14 day return policy

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

If you can return the GPS only Apple Watch SE and get a cellular model, then you can move forward with Apple Watch Family Sharing. See the Apple Watch Family Sharing instructions for the type of Apple Watch that will work with Family Sharing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2023 7:50 PM in response to jayalakshmi224

You cannot. Apple Watch Family Sharing REQUIRES an Apple Watch with Cellular capabilities.

The GPS Only Apple Watch SE can only be paired to the owners own iPhone. And it cannot be paired to an Android phone.

These are the instructions for setting up Family Sharing

Set up Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

If the Apple Watch SE is less than 2 weeks old, Apple has a 14 day return policy

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

If you can return the GPS only Apple Watch SE and get a cellular model, then you can move forward with Apple Watch Family Sharing. See the Apple Watch Family Sharing instructions for the type of Apple Watch that will work with Family Sharing.

How to setup Apple Watch SE GPS only for a family member

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.