How do i delete icloud voice memos without deleting it from my device? why can’t i sync my voice memos accross devices without having them backed up on icloud?

Isn’t the whole point of i cloud that its a separate storage from my phone?

my voice memos used to sync with my Macbook pro but now they don’t because the i cloud storage is full.

why can’t i sync my voice memos accross devices without having them backed up on icloud?

seems like Apple is trying to make us pay for their subscription.

if I remember right before a recent iOS update my voice memos syced even though icloud was full.

please Apple give us that old feature back.

as of now seems the only option is paying for more i cloud storage.

syncing information like voice memos across devices should be a free feature.

that can easily be done like before without forcing people to buy icloud storage.

having my voice memos on my macbook pro too isn’t even an icloud thing.

i cloud is supposed to be cloud storage. I shouldn’t need icloud storage to sync data on my device.

how else am i supposed to transfer voice memos onto the macbook pro so i can view them in the app?

as of now i can save them as a file but that is so inconvenient & it doesn’t save the original date etc.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 7:48 PM

Marcel_4321 wrote:

iCloud is primarily a synchronization service, not off-line storage. Anything in iCloud is also on your device.

my voice memos used to sync with my Macbook pro but now they don’t because the i cloud storage is full.

why can’t i sync my voice memos accross devices without having them backed up on icloud?

Your memos are not backed up on iCloud, just synced using iCloud. You can transfer memos via AirDrop, email, etc. by sharing in the app

if I remember right before a recent iOS update my voice memos syced even though icloud was full.

No. If your iCloud space is used, nothing more will sync to iCloud.

that can easily be done like before without forcing people to buy icloud storage.

i cloud is supposed to be cloud storage. I shouldn’t need icloud storage to sync data on my device.

how else am i supposed to transfer voice memos onto the macbook pro so i can view them in the app?

See above

as of now i can save them as a file but that is so inconvenient & it doesn’t save the original date etc.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2023 7:48 PM in response to Marcel_4321

Marcel_4321 wrote:

iCloud is primarily a synchronization service, not off-line storage. Anything in iCloud is also on your device.

Your memos are not backed up on iCloud, just synced using iCloud. You can transfer memos via AirDrop, email, etc. by sharing in the app

No. If your iCloud space is used, nothing more will sync to iCloud.

See above

How do i delete icloud voice memos without deleting it from my device? why can’t i sync my voice memos accross devices without having them backed up on icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.