Batch convert Pages files to PDF

Is it possible to convert multiple Pages files to PDF format simultaneously? I don't want to convert them into 1 single PDF document. Instead, I want to convert each file individually in one go.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 3:22 AM

I have written several AppleScripts and Automator solutions to perform the Pages document exports to PDF. These are not merged, but individual PDFs. Will the initial selection simply be a folder containing the original Pages documents? Will the PDFs be written to this same source folder or another folder location?

Will this be for macOS Catalina or newer operating system? How many Pages documents?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2023 3:22 AM in response to Hunteriphone0014

I have written several AppleScripts and Automator solutions to perform the Pages document exports to PDF. These are not merged, but individual PDFs. Will the initial selection simply be a folder containing the original Pages documents? Will the PDFs be written to this same source folder or another folder location?

Will this be for macOS Catalina or newer operating system? How many Pages documents?

Dec 12, 2023 5:39 AM in response to _ray

If the script is correct for the version of Pages you have installed, the dropped Pages documents simply remain in their original file system location, and the PDF result is written to the same location. Did you combine Part 1 and Part 2 of that script with an intervening space between both code parts? When you ran it, did you receive a dialog indicating a file count processed?

From an open Finder Window, click on the Applications sidebar folder, locate the Pages application, click once on it and press option+cmd+i to open an information panel. What version of Pages do you have. The current version of Pages at present is v13.2, and yesterday, an update to 13.6.3 was released for Ventura.

Dec 11, 2023 6:24 PM in response to VikingOSX

Hi VikingOSX! I found some of your older scripts and solutions, I tried the one from here but I'm not sure if it's working. When I drop the file onto the app, the file seems to disappear and I can't find the exported PDF version.

I'm on Ventura 13.6.2 (22G320). I don't mind if the PDFs export to the same folder, and I'd like them as individual PDFs. I'm following your previous suggestions to drag and drop the .pages file onto the app.

Dec 12, 2023 5:09 PM in response to VikingOSX

Sorry, my bad. It does work!

I was using Qspace Pro which is a Finder alternative, and it didn't perform "drag onto app" action as expected.

It treated the app as a compressed file, and literally dropped the .page file into the app "folder."

The script/app works when I used the conventional Finder.

Thank you so much!

Batch convert Pages files to PDF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.