after visiting the Genius Bar at our Apple Store my Facebook account says that my browser, Safari, does not support Facebook. This also occurs on Instagram. Apple can't figure this out. Thoughts.

Anyone else having this problem? Apple says wait for Facebook update. Doesn't make sense.

BTW, before tech worked on another problem unrelated to this Facebook book worked correctly. He somehow altered something in my MacBook Air.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 7:42 AM

Update:

It may be related to a recent security update as described in this article https://appleinsider.com/articles/23/07/11/apple-pulls-latest-rapid-security-response-updates

If that is the case, you can choose to remove the update as provided in Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1. Go to Settings > General > About.
  2. Tap iOS Version.
  3. Tap Remove Security Response.

You can reinstall the Rapid Security Response later, or wait for it to be installed permanently as part of a standard software update.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2023 7:42 AM in response to Limnos

Update:

It may be related to a recent security update as described in this article https://appleinsider.com/articles/23/07/11/apple-pulls-latest-rapid-security-response-updates

If that is the case, you can choose to remove the update as provided in Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1. Go to Settings > General > About.
  2. Tap iOS Version.
  3. Tap Remove Security Response.

You can reinstall the Rapid Security Response later, or wait for it to be installed permanently as part of a standard software update.

Jul 11, 2023 8:22 AM in response to dlkenney

Most of the people responding on this forum do not work for Apple so I would have to call them as a person out of the blue who 'read something on the Internet' and tell them about it.

However, our strength here as unofficial support is we can draw upon various resources, particularly when others report the solutions actually work. :-)

after visiting the Genius Bar at our Apple Store my Facebook account says that my browser, Safari, does not support Facebook. This also occurs on Instagram. Apple can't figure this out. Thoughts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.