Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

My daughter is deceased. How do I access her iPhone and iPad if I don’t have her log in information?

My daughter is deceased. How to I gain access to her iPhone 11 without her log in information?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 8:34 AM

For information about how to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account data, and possibly their equipment, click here --> How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

"While we may also be able to help remove Activation Lock from devices that use your loved one’s original Apple ID, their iPhone, iPod, and iPad will need to be restored to factory settings before they can be used with another Apple ID. Please note that devices locked with a passcode are protected by passcode encryption, and Apple can't help remove the passcode lock without erasing the device."

"For security, Apple requires and verifies legal documentation before we can assist with a deceased person’s account. This generally includes a death certificate, and may also require a court order or other documentation. The requirements vary by country and region. We have great sympathy for surviving family members and try to help with requests as much and as quickly as possible."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2023 8:34 AM in response to Mom2552

For information about how to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account data, and possibly their equipment, click here --> How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

"While we may also be able to help remove Activation Lock from devices that use your loved one’s original Apple ID, their iPhone, iPod, and iPad will need to be restored to factory settings before they can be used with another Apple ID. Please note that devices locked with a passcode are protected by passcode encryption, and Apple can't help remove the passcode lock without erasing the device."

"For security, Apple requires and verifies legal documentation before we can assist with a deceased person’s account. This generally includes a death certificate, and may also require a court order or other documentation. The requirements vary by country and region. We have great sympathy for surviving family members and try to help with requests as much and as quickly as possible."

My daughter is deceased. How do I access her iPhone and iPad if I don’t have her log in information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.