Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Unable to install stock Apple apps on iPhone

I setup my new iPhone14 using the backup from my iPhone 12 Pro Max . For some reason all Apple app like Contacts, Notes, Reminders, Calendar, Watch, Shortcuts etc. is not able to install. All other apps was successfully installed and its up and running. The Apple app icon is showing waiting and when you tap it will bring up a message "Unable to install please try again later". I did try several solutions I saw in the internet but it didn't help. I think if I will do a full reset and will setup without using any backup it will fix the issue. I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there had experience this type of issue? and what is the solution.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2024 6:33 AM

I’m having a hard time installing apps on my iPhone. It’s a message popping up saying unable to install app due to a billing problem with a family members recent purchase.

24 replies

Mar 7, 2024 8:39 AM in response to waqar42

Yeah i have 2 verified cards on my iphone 14 pro max and whenever i try to download something thats free it says “ verification required” and it has me put in my Apple ID password which I do and then it brings me to my cards and then all my cards say failed when on my family members android they work fine and then I delete the cards and I’ll re-add them yet. It still won’t let me download the app even though it’s free, and after I add all the card information, it’ll add the card back on, but then tells me I need to verify it again, but won’t give me a way to verify it.

Feb 4, 2024 2:40 AM in response to waqar42

I am currently having this problem too on my iPhone 15 pro and Apple Watch Ultra 1 , I reset both my watch and iPhone and after setup all built in apps are not installing but apps downloaded from App Store downloads just fine , this is the first time I’ll ever experience this and it started to occur after iOS17.3 and watchOS10.3 update

Feb 12, 2024 8:45 AM in response to waqar42

For anyone with an older iPhone that is no longer supported by new iOS updates, here's what you need to do:

• Open App Store
  • Tap on your profile icon in the upper-right corner
  • Tap "Purchased"
  • Tap "My Purchases"
  • Find each app you're having trouble with and tap to download it

This will allow you to download the latest *compatible version* with your phone, meaning an older version that still works with your iOS version.

Jul 12, 2023 11:19 AM in response to waqar42

Hello waqar42,

Congratulations on your new iPhone 14!

If you have issues downloading apps on your iPhone, you can take these relevant steps to solve it:

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad

Try this if you have an issue when you update or download apps from the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.

1. Manually update the app

Learn how to manually update an app

2. Add a payment method

You might need to have a valid payment method on file, even if the app that you want to download is free.

Add a payment method

3. Resolve a problem with your payment method

If your payment method is expired, declined, or failed, or a message says 'billing problem with previous purchase'

4. Prioritize the download

From the Home Screen, touch and hold the app. From the menu that appears, choose Prioritize Download.

Prioritize Download is at the top of the menu that appears when you touch and hold the app.

5. Restart your device

Restart your iPhone or iPad, then check to see if you can download or update apps.

Restart your iPhone

Restart your iPad

If you still can't download or update apps

Contact Apple Support

As suggested above, if you still can't download or update apps you should contact Apple Support directly. Here's how to do that: Get Support They'd need to take it from here.

Note: When you do contact Apple Support, let them know which method you used to set it up from a backup. For example, were you using an iCloud backup or did you use a computer backup? As that will help them to determine how they could proceed.

Take care.

Unable to install stock Apple apps on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.