Apple won’t let me buy apple care with my gift card.

I just bought a macbook air with my college discount and I was given a $150 Apple Store gift card with it. I am trying to buy apple care with it but it won’t let me. It says the card can’t be used for web purchases.

MacBook Air (M2, 2023)

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 12:22 AM

When redeeming a gift card, the amount will be credited to your Apple Account balance.

Looks like it is not possible to pay Apple Care with your Apple Account balance.

Apple Care is not listed here -> What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple ID balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

Apple Gift Card and Apple Account balance can't be used for some purchases

• Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

for sure you can -> Call Apple Support at 1-800-APLCARE.

See also the following Apple articles:

Add a payment method to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

fyi: Not all credit & debit cards seem to work with App Store / iTunes Store, try a different one, or preferably a credit card. If your card is not accepted as a paymenf method, you need to contact your bank.

If you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2023 12:22 AM in response to hernazah

When redeeming a gift card, the amount will be credited to your Apple Account balance.

Looks like it is not possible to pay Apple Care with your Apple Account balance.

Apple Care is not listed here -> What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple ID balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

Apple Gift Card and Apple Account balance can't be used for some purchases

• Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

for sure you can -> Call Apple Support at 1-800-APLCARE.

See also the following Apple articles:

Add a payment method to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

fyi: Not all credit & debit cards seem to work with App Store / iTunes Store, try a different one, or preferably a credit card. If your card is not accepted as a paymenf method, you need to contact your bank.

If you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service 

Apple won’t let me buy apple care with my gift card.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.