Shop AppleCare+ with a Gift Card.

I'm trying to purchase Apple Care using a gift card received when purchasing a new MacBook, but for some I can't. My gift card says I can use it for any product or any apple services.

I read this article that says all I need to do is redeem it to my Apple ID to make the purchase for the AppleCare plan, but when trying to buy the plan it's saying the card is not enable for payments on the web.

Can somebody please explain me how to do it?

MacBook Air, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 1:34 PM

5 replies

May 12, 2024 11:45 PM in response to Fernandotrivi

The thing is, although every one tells you to redeem the gift card first to make the purchase, Apple Store is in fact the only place you can purchase an Apple care with a gift card. Therefore it’s the right thing to do to not redeem the card, and take the card directly to your local store.

If you have already redeemed your gift card, please contact the support so that they can return the value to the gift card.

I have had the same problem when purchasing an apple care+ valued gift card in store, so that the receiver can insure the gifted Apple Watch on the day they start to use it.

Shop AppleCare+ with a Gift Card.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.