Webcam recordings low resolution no matter what tool I use to record. Suggestions?

I am using a logitech brio on macbook pro ventura 13.2.1. The video quality is low even though the camera is 4K and platforms I am trying to record on (streamyard and zoom) are using 1080p. Is there a setting on Mac that I need to update?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 7:39 AM

shawntay177 wrote:

I am using a logitech brio on macbook pro ventura 13.2.1. The video quality is low even though the camera is 4K and platforms I am trying to record on (streamyard and zoom) are using 1080p.

Is there a setting on Mac that I need to update?

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.4.1 — I would start there, and then report back your experience...

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

some alternatives—

Use your iPhone as a webcam on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2023 7:39 AM in response to shawntay177

shawntay177 wrote:

I am using a logitech brio on macbook pro ventura 13.2.1. The video quality is low even though the camera is 4K and platforms I am trying to record on (streamyard and zoom) are using 1080p.

Is there a setting on Mac that I need to update?

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.4.1 — I would start there, and then report back your experience...

some alternatives—

Use your iPhone as a webcam on Mac - Apple Support

Webcam recordings low resolution no matter what tool I use to record. Suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.