A single Shortcuts to activate/deactivate the alarms

Hello,

a question about the Shortcuts app.

Using the Shortcuts app I created two actions: one allows me to activate a group of 5 alarm clocks with 5 different time-settings, the other allows me to deactivate them.

So in the evening, before going to sleep, I use the first action to activate the alarms and in the morning, as soon as I wake up, I use the second action to deactivate them.

However, I would like to create a single action that allows me to activate/deactivate the alarm clocks (therefore without having two icons on my screen). It's possible?

Unfortunately I haven't found any tutorials online that explain this.

Thank you!

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 1:13 AM

10 replies

Jul 12, 2023 8:54 AM in response to andreaspinelliart

andreaspinelliart wrote: "Ok, i got it! Many thanks, now it works :-)"

Good!

"Just another question: is it possible to make the icon in the home screen change color depending on whether the command is toggled on/off?"

No. Unless you want to try the following...

Make a copy of your toggling shortcut which differs only by color and slightly different name.

Create a shortcut widget on your Home screen from one of the two shortcuts:

How to add and edit widgets on your iPhone

Add widgets on iPhone

Add the second shortcut to that widget to create a widget stack consisting of your two different colored shortcuts.

After you've tapped the widget to run the shortcut, you'll have to scroll the widget up or down to change to the other colored shortcut.

Then, when you want to toggle your alarms again, tap the widget and then scroll the widget up or down to change back to the other colored shortcut.

õ¿õ¬

A single Shortcuts to activate/deactivate the alarms

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.