Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple ID verification for “local”

My Phone is CONSTANTLY spamming me to enter the Apple id password for something called "local". As far as Im concerned my phone has no third party applications so if this is some kind of virus it would definitely surprise me.

When I went to enter the password I tried to use the forgot password option hoping to find if this is connected to a different

Apple ID but it seems not. It only says local in the Apple ID section.

This notification is spamming me and it’s getting extremely hard to just use my phone. I have no idea what to do.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 11:31 PM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2023 7:25 AM in response to waldo196

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities waldo196,

If you haven't yet, we recommend that you begin by restarting the device: Restart your iPhone

If the issue persists, make sure you have a current backup, and install any available iOS updates. In addition to new features, updates provide a number of important fixes. Updates also provide important security improvements: Update your iPhone or iPad

After completing these steps, if there's still no change providing additional information and context may increase the chance that members of the community are able to provide specific and relevant steps to assist.

For example, where are you taken after tapping Settings? What exactly shows on the screen? How long has the behavior been occurring? Did it start after anything particular, like a password change? Have you tried resetting your Apple ID password since it began?

Cheers!

Apple ID verification for “local”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.