Sidebar error MacOs Ventura 13.4.1

Hi I recently got an Ipad only to use it as a second screen.

As I see now, many people like me, have troubles as the tablet just sometimes freezes.

I had the same issue, that I could connect both for a bit and then it just freezes. I updated mac software today to MacOs Ventura 13.4.1 and now its even worse with connecting my mac to my Ipad.

What happens:

I connect > window is going from mac to ipad > I want to move my mouse cursor to Ipad screen too > I have this little push symbol as seen on the photo > Once the mouse in Ipad screen the Ipad turns black and the window switches back to Mac Laptop Screen

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 3:57 AM

5 replies

Jul 13, 2023 7:21 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Actually I just found out that I can move the mouse cursor to my iPad from the other side of my mac (left side). However, If I move the mouse from the right laptop screen to the ipad, as shown in the photo, it does what I described: Ipad screen turns black. So maybe it's just a strange feature that changed the side car settings to work like that after the software update today.

(no macpaw in use, I have Cleaner one pro, but I guess this would do nothing)

At least no frozen Ipad since the update

Jul 13, 2023 7:32 AM in response to kaliom

kaliom wrote:

Actually I just found out that I can move the mouse cursor to my iPad from the other side of my mac (left side). However, If I move the mouse from the right laptop screen to the ipad, as shown in the photo, it does what I described: Ipad screen turns black.

Interesting. I just tried it and I can reproduce this. In my case, the iPad is recognized in the correct position: it is sitting on my desk, to the right of my mac, and it is seen as such; so moving to the right from my mac into the iPad screen works, and moving off the left side turns the iPad screen black. It seems fine, unless in your case the position of the iPad is detected incorrectly. Is it? If it is not in the correct position, you should be able to fix that by clicking Arrange in System Settings->Displays, and dragging to iPad to the correct side.

Sidebar error MacOs Ventura 13.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.