I can't quit Mail

When I open mail, there is only the task bar (side bar and mail missing). I can't quit mail. What do I do to get mail?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 1:56 PM

First try this simple step. Show the Mail Message Viewer window by pressing ⌘ 0 (command zero).

If that does not immediately restore Mail's familiar appearance, quit the Mail app with the key chord ⌘ Q, or just force it to shut down: How to force an app to quit on your Mac. Then, press and hold a Shift key when launching Mail again from Applications or the Dock. Release the Shift key when the Mail app opens.

Determine if any of those options help.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2023 1:56 PM in response to MCHG73

First try this simple step. Show the Mail Message Viewer window by pressing ⌘ 0 (command zero).

If that does not immediately restore Mail's familiar appearance, quit the Mail app with the key chord ⌘ Q, or just force it to shut down: How to force an app to quit on your Mac. Then, press and hold a Shift key when launching Mail again from Applications or the Dock. Release the Shift key when the Mail app opens.

Determine if any of those options help.

I can't quit Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.