Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Signature for mail keeps disappearing. Why?! Never did before!!

I got a new computer. Set up mail. Easy. Wanted to make a signature. Went well. Hours later, it was gone again. It works, but the signature goes away after some time. Why?

I want to make a signature, that stays. NEVER had this problem before.

MacBook Air 15". Completely new.

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 10:42 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 13, 2023 12:56 PM in response to ann-marlene

Try this:

1. Quit Mail.
  2. Open System Settings.
  3. Click your name (top left).
  4. Click iCloud.
  5. Click "iCloud Drive".
  6. Click "Apps synchronizing with iCloud Drive".
  7. Disable Mail.
  8. Click Done.

Once this is done, open Mail and create your signatures. Quit and reopen Mail to check that the signatures are still present. If so, restart your Mac and check for the presence of your signatures again.

If everything seems normal, resume steps 1 to 8 but, this time, activate Mail in step 7.

Jul 13, 2023 12:56 PM in response to ann-marlene

ann-marlene wrote:

I got a new computer. Set up mail. Easy. Wanted to make a signature. Went well. Hours later, it was gone again. It works, but the signature goes away after some time. Why?

I want to make a signature, that stays. NEVER had this problem before.

MacBook Air 15". Completely new.

Just a guess —if no way forward to a resolve something to try—

Delete your signatures. Quit Mail.app

if iCloud/ iCloud Drive is in use—

then disabling Mail in >System Settings>AppleID>iCloud/iCloud Drive >Mail

or sign out of >System Settings>AppleID

Open the Mail.app—

add you signatures anew to your Mail>Signatures; verify you select, drag & drop from All Signatures to the appropriate account...

re-enable your >System Settings>AppleID/iCloud >Mail and test your results. Quit Mail, reboot if necessary and compare your results.

ref:

Create and use email signatures in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Signature for mail keeps disappearing. Why?! Never did before!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.