Purchased song transfer file issue

I purchased several songs from iTunes to add to my swim audio player, which will accept Apple G4 audio files. Two of the songs will not transfer, even though they show that I’ve purchased them. I had no trouble transferring the others.

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 2:48 PM

If the Swim audio player accepts AAC audio files from the iTunes Store, is there anything unusual about the ones that it won't accept?

I can think of a few possibilities:

1. Perhaps the Swim player has a limit on the maximum length of a song, and you are trying to transfer a song of unusual length.
  2. Perhaps you accidentally tried to transfer an offline listening copy of an Apple Music subscription song, rather than a purchased iTunes Store song. Apple Music streaming subscription files have DRM.
  3. Perhaps you have a really ancient 128 Kbps AAC file from the very early days of the iTunes Store. Those, too, have DRM.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2023 2:48 PM in response to airplane16

If the Swim audio player accepts AAC audio files from the iTunes Store, is there anything unusual about the ones that it won't accept?

I can think of a few possibilities:

1. Perhaps the Swim player has a limit on the maximum length of a song, and you are trying to transfer a song of unusual length.
  2. Perhaps you accidentally tried to transfer an offline listening copy of an Apple Music subscription song, rather than a purchased iTunes Store song. Apple Music streaming subscription files have DRM.
  3. Perhaps you have a really ancient 128 Kbps AAC file from the very early days of the iTunes Store. Those, too, have DRM.

Purchased song transfer file issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.