Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Text box moving with page but covers footer, and not header.

I have a text box near the bottom of my page that is set to "move with page", when I put content about the text box it moves down, content that isn't in the text box jumps to the next page, but the text box continues down and covered the footer until it hits the margin and then jumps to the next page. When it does this, it doesn't cover the header.

Is this a bug or is there a setting I can change to stop this happening?

Mac Studio, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 9:46 PM

HI d'

I think that with another look at the available object positioning rules you'll find that "move with page" is not an available choice.

"Stay on Page" will keep the object (in this case, a text box) in the position where it was set on the page, and "Move with text" will produce the result you are describing.

Move with text pushes the text box (or other object) down the page as text is added above that object. At the bottom of the page space allocated to text, the object will slide under the text boundary and out of sight…until it is pushed further down the document by added text which causes the text space on the upper page to be completely filled. At that point, the object is moved another line down, pushing it into the text space on the next page, and reappears in that location.

"Is this a bug

No.

or is there a setting I can change to stop this happening?"

Yes.

Set the object (text box) to Stay on Page, and let the body text flow around it.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2023 9:46 PM in response to diagonalline

HI d'

I think that with another look at the available object positioning rules you'll find that "move with page" is not an available choice.

"Stay on Page" will keep the object (in this case, a text box) in the position where it was set on the page, and "Move with text" will produce the result you are describing.

Move with text pushes the text box (or other object) down the page as text is added above that object. At the bottom of the page space allocated to text, the object will slide under the text boundary and out of sight…until it is pushed further down the document by added text which causes the text space on the upper page to be completely filled. At that point, the object is moved another line down, pushing it into the text space on the next page, and reappears in that location.

"Is this a bug

No.

or is there a setting I can change to stop this happening?"

Yes.

Set the object (text box) to Stay on Page, and let the body text flow around it.

Regards,

Barry

Text box moving with page but covers footer, and not header.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.