Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Not Getting Governmmet Alerts on my iPhone 12, Version 16.5.1

I recently did not get any alert on my phone about an approaching tornado but my wife did. We have the identical iPhone 12 with version 16.5.1. The setting under the Government Alerts section under Notifications is identical to one another. Any suggestion for why I'm not getting the alert?

Thank you.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 1:31 PM

2 replies

Jul 16, 2023 8:31 AM in response to joyfromburr ridge

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities joyfromburr ridge,

Government alerts are handled via your wireless carrier. If you have confirmed that the setting for Government Alerts is enabled under Settings > Notifications, we would recommend getting in touch with your carrier for additional support. In the meantime, we can suggest a few things that may help moving forward:

1. If you have not already, restart your iPhone. This step often resolves a variety of issues: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support
  2. Check for, and install, any carrier updates. Since the alerts are handled by them, this may help: Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support
  3. Toggle the Government Alert settings off, then back on. This might refresh the iPhone in regard to it.

Best!

Not Getting Governmmet Alerts on my iPhone 12, Version 16.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.