Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Unable to download app from App Store.

App Store is asking me for my Apple ID to install the app, it then refuses the Apple ID that I paste from my Passwords app. On further attempts it asks for my device (iPad air) ID and refuses that. Attempts on my iPhone and iPad Pro get the same response. 2nd question…if I am already signed into the App Store with my Apple ID with finger print or Face ID, why is the App Store asking for my Apple ID, it already knows it’s me as does my device? Even with face iID and fingerprint scanning and password manager and phone checks and email checks, this whole password thing is getting entirely too cumbersome and very confusing. Additionally, I am a victim of identity theft and participate willing,but it’s getting pretty crazy. Time to go back to pen and paper?

iPad Air (5th generation)

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 2:05 PM

If those apps were downloaded with another ID it will want the password for that ID too. Is it possible somebody else had access to your device and downloaded the apps with their ID? If yes, delete teh apps entirely and redownload them with your ID.

You might also have similar problems if the apps were purchased by a family member under Family Sharing and that person has no left the group.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2023 2:05 PM in response to rebo64

If those apps were downloaded with another ID it will want the password for that ID too. Is it possible somebody else had access to your device and downloaded the apps with their ID? If yes, delete teh apps entirely and redownload them with your ID.

You might also have similar problems if the apps were purchased by a family member under Family Sharing and that person has no left the group.

Unable to download app from App Store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.