Etre Check report has me concerned

Etre Check report showing kernel panics. Any advice?

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 8:05 AM

How does one properly go about removing an app…

For AntiVirus One, it appears all you need to do is go into Safari's settings under the Extensions tab. Then highlight the AV1 extension and click Uninstall in the right hand pane.

But, TrendMicro has more involved instructions than that.

Edit: Oops! MrHoffman has already provided that link.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2023 8:05 AM in response to valenshead

How does one properly go about removing an app…

For AntiVirus One, it appears all you need to do is go into Safari's settings under the Extensions tab. Then highlight the AV1 extension and click Uninstall in the right hand pane.

But, TrendMicro has more involved instructions than that.

Edit: Oops! MrHoffman has already provided that link.

Jul 14, 2023 4:48 PM in response to valenshead

Hardware can cause a kernel panic, but much more often it's software.

One of the main ideas of EtreCheck is to post the results here so others can see what's going on with your system and make suggestions.

All personal information is automatically redacted. Click on the extra text icon at the bottom of the editing window (on the right between the icons for a URL link and photo for the text). It's too long to put into the main text window.

Jul 14, 2023 5:24 PM in response to valenshead

Yes, the info was posted correctly.

Overall, you have a pretty clean system. That is, not a lot of third party apps installed.

Of what I see, I'd start by getting rid of AntiVirus One. There's no such thing as useful AV software on a Mac. Any user can keep their system malware free by doing two simple things. Never, never, ever download anything from P2P, file sharing or pirate sites. Ans two, always get your software from legitimate sources.

Other than that, the multiple audio drivers may be the problem. It looks like you need them for the audio editing and other such work you do, and it's hard to say which of them, if any, are causing the problem.

I'd hang on to see what other users here may notice that I didn't.

Jul 15, 2023 8:24 AM in response to valenshead

Have you tried running with the WD Passports disconnected?

WD drives are geat but their Passport enclosures were designed to go on sale every other weekend, not deliver long and stable performance. Whether they are acting up or not, we need to get them out of the picture for testing to make sure they are not contributing to or masking the true cause of the problem.

Etre Check report has me concerned

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.