Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Apple pencil

My Apple Pencil tip and slightly turned yellowish in colour and even the end ,so is it normal or do I have to change it , I still have my 1 year warranty for a replacement.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 11:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 4:49 AM

The Pencil tip is a user-replaceable consumable part - and as such is not itself covered by warranty.

As soon as the Pencil tip shows any wear whatsoever, it should be changed. The Pencil tip is simply unscrewed from the body of the Pencil - and changed for a new tip. Slight discolouration can be expected in-use - and does not, of itself, suggest wear or need for replacement.

A first generation Apple Pencil is supplied with one spare in the box with the Pencil. Second generation Pencils are not supplied with a spare.

Replacement Pencil tips are readily available from Apple in packs of four:

• Apple Pencil Tips - 4 pack

https://store.apple.com/xc/product/MLUN2ZM/A

When fitting (or re-fitting) a Pencil tip, ensure that the Pencil tip is snugly screwed into position; when fitted correctly you should see a tiny gap, of about the thickness of a sheet of paper, between the tip and pencil body. If slightly loosened, or overtightened, the Pencil may not work properly, if at all.

If you need assistance, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be able to test and assess your iPad and Pencil:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2023 4:49 AM in response to aaruhi112

The Pencil tip is a user-replaceable consumable part - and as such is not itself covered by warranty.

As soon as the Pencil tip shows any wear whatsoever, it should be changed. The Pencil tip is simply unscrewed from the body of the Pencil - and changed for a new tip. Slight discolouration can be expected in-use - and does not, of itself, suggest wear or need for replacement.

A first generation Apple Pencil is supplied with one spare in the box with the Pencil. Second generation Pencils are not supplied with a spare.

Replacement Pencil tips are readily available from Apple in packs of four:

• Apple Pencil Tips - 4 pack

https://store.apple.com/xc/product/MLUN2ZM/A

When fitting (or re-fitting) a Pencil tip, ensure that the Pencil tip is snugly screwed into position; when fitted correctly you should see a tiny gap, of about the thickness of a sheet of paper, between the tip and pencil body. If slightly loosened, or overtightened, the Pencil may not work properly, if at all.

If you need assistance, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be able to test and assess your iPad and Pencil:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple pencil

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.