Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Lost iphone

Good day everyone

My iPhone 11 was recently stolen. Yesterday i got a notification that it was online. I was able to see its location on find my. Today the device doesn't show on find my iPhone. Is there a way i can get its last location.

And what might be the cause of it not showing on find my?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 12:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 8:11 AM

The phone will show up in Find My if the battery is still good.....and.....the phone has a connection to the Internet.

If the phone does not show up currently, either the battery has run down or the phone does not have a connection to the Internet where it is located. Or, both of these things havenoccurred. Sometimes....but not always.....a "last known location" will be displayed for a day or two in Find My.

There is really nothing that you can do at this time other than checking a few times each day to see if the status of the phone has changed.

iPhone thieves are very fond of putting stolen iPhones in a special type of bag that prevents any kind of signal from reaching the phone, so the phone can't be tracked by the owner. That might be in play here as well.

"Apple" or "Apple Service" will never send you a message about the phone, so be careful with scams.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2023 8:11 AM in response to BecNale

The phone will show up in Find My if the battery is still good.....and.....the phone has a connection to the Internet.

If the phone does not show up currently, either the battery has run down or the phone does not have a connection to the Internet where it is located. Or, both of these things havenoccurred. Sometimes....but not always.....a "last known location" will be displayed for a day or two in Find My.

There is really nothing that you can do at this time other than checking a few times each day to see if the status of the phone has changed.

iPhone thieves are very fond of putting stolen iPhones in a special type of bag that prevents any kind of signal from reaching the phone, so the phone can't be tracked by the owner. That might be in play here as well.

"Apple" or "Apple Service" will never send you a message about the phone, so be careful with scams.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Jul 15, 2023 8:09 AM in response to BecNale

Did you perhaps fall for this common phishing scam: You may get a text or email from “Apple” or “Apple Security” (or sometimes “Police”) saying your phone has been found and to click on a link to see its location. This is NEVER from Apple or from law enforcement; it is from the thief or fence to steal your Apple ID and identity. Delete any such message without responding to it. Apple never gets involved in lost or stolen devices→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Lost iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.