Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Server status page / recovery server

I've been trying to re-install my iMac's OS, having already erased the HD - so no going back. In recovery mode I keep getting 'The recovery server could not be contacted'.

When I look at the server status page, the recovery server is not listed. Does this mean it no longer exists? is that the problem?

I've tried most things I've seen suggested to cure the problem eg checking the internet connection, syncing the date to apple servers, setting an earlier date, trying various key combinations with "r" etc., but nothing seems to work so any advice gratefully accepted.

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 5:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 6:47 PM

I had a serious issue where the date was completely off by like 30+ years and i tried many things but ultimately came to the conclusion it was a serious big that had potential to do real wide spread damage…i factory reset destroyed back ups and cut communication with anyone seemingly shady including irresponsible family member and friends.hard choice no regrets

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2023 6:47 PM in response to Christopher Glover

I had a serious issue where the date was completely off by like 30+ years and i tried many things but ultimately came to the conclusion it was a serious big that had potential to do real wide spread damage…i factory reset destroyed back ups and cut communication with anyone seemingly shady including irresponsible family member and friends.hard choice no regrets

Server status page / recovery server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.