Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Safari Popups After 16.5.1 (c) Update

Hello, I am getting these pop ups after the latest update yesterday afternoon. I believe a hacker uses system pop ups on this new phone so I’m questioning whether this new type of pop up is from Safari/Apple. I have pop ups blocked in Safari. I am not selecting “open” but am curious if this is coming from a hacker or Apple.

Thanks

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 7:37 AM

Hello ASCUN75,

This does not look like a hacker has access to your iPhone. This also isn't a result of the recent Rapid Security Response update.

It appears you have the Apple Support app on your iPhone and are trying to click on a support.apple.com link. Rather than going to the website, Safari is asking if you'd rather open the support page within the Apple Support app instead of on Safari.

You can see in this screenshot, I also have the Apple Support app. At the top it's saying I can also open it within the app instead of Safari.

You're not being hacked and your device is most likely secure. If you are still concerned, you can follow the steps here - If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support. But what you're seeing is expected behavior for going to a support.apple.com link and also having the Apple Support app.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2023 7:37 AM in response to ASCUN75

Hello ASCUN75,

This does not look like a hacker has access to your iPhone. This also isn't a result of the recent Rapid Security Response update.

It appears you have the Apple Support app on your iPhone and are trying to click on a support.apple.com link. Rather than going to the website, Safari is asking if you'd rather open the support page within the Apple Support app instead of on Safari.

You can see in this screenshot, I also have the Apple Support app. At the top it's saying I can also open it within the app instead of Safari.

You're not being hacked and your device is most likely secure. If you are still concerned, you can follow the steps here - If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support. But what you're seeing is expected behavior for going to a support.apple.com link and also having the Apple Support app.

Safari Popups After 16.5.1 (c) Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.